Monday, March 17, 2008

Area Woman Drops Toothbrush In Toilet

BETHESDA, Md. – Bethesda resident Jeannine Endsley got quite a surprise this morning when her $79 Sonicare Essence electric toothbrush slipped out of her hand and into the toilet around 6:45. Endsley told reporters she wasn’t sure exactly how it happened, but said the two seconds between the toothbrush slipping out of her hand and actually splashing down “seemed like an eternity.”

“It was awful,” Endsley said. “I tried to catch it. It hit the toilet seat before it actually fell in, and I almost had it. If my reflexes had been just a second quicker, I think I could’ve stopped this disaster.”

Endsley said she’s dropped other things in the toilet in the past, but those things had always been salvageable, unlike her toothbrush, which she claims is “a complete loss.”

“One time I dropped my hairspray bottle in there, but I figured I could just clean that off and still use it,” she said. “But the toothbrush is different. I debated about just getting a new replacement head for it, but, I mean, there’s feces in there sometimes, and feces are kind of unpleasant. This is way worse than that time I found a pube stuck inside my toothpaste cap.”

Endsley added that she’d recently put a 2,000 Flushes tank cleaner in the toilet, and she wasn’t sure what chemicals were in it that could really mess her up or make her bear autistic children.

“They always say not to eat 2,000 Flushes and other kinds of toilet cleaners,” she said. “And I don’t wanna have some autistic baby some day.”

There’s no word yet on whether Endsley will purchase a new electric toothbrush or simply use the free Oral B one she got from the dentist.

No comments: