Friday, March 28, 2008

Area Woman Sells Jesus Eyelash On eBay


STILLWATER, Okla. – When Stillwater resident Julianne Gramlich lost one of her eyelashes while putting her contact lenses in Wednesday morning, she knew she had something special on her hands – or in her hand, quite literally. Gramlich said she realized immediately that the eyelash looked almost identical to one of Jesus Christ’s eyelashes.

“The resemblance was almost scary,” Gramlich told reporters. “The shape, the color, the texture. It was as if I was holding the actual DNA of Christ in the palm of my hand. It was just so surreal.”

Upon discovering the holy lash, Gramlich immediately called for her husband Todd, who was sleeping in the next room.

“I knew it was something big when I heard her calling my name,” Todd said. “The sound of her voice – it was quivering and quaking, and when I saw what she had in her hand, I realized why. I asked her, ‘Did you see Jesus? How did you get one of Jesus’ eyelashes?’ I was just in awe. It was just … just … absolutely unbelievable.”

Julianne has since put the eyelash up for auction on eBay, where it has received 14 bids since yesterday morning. The high bid at press time was $350.

“I just hope to see it end up in a museum or at the Vatican or somewhere people will be able to appreciate it,” Julianne said. “It’s definitely something special, and I feel blessed that Jesus came to me with it. It’s just such a good feeling to know he’s with us, even if it’s in the form of an eyelash.”

No comments: